A client recently asked me to present on the top 5 disruption themes in the industry. A pretty broad brief given that I have covered almost every aspect of the industry over the years of being an analyst. So, I had to find a framework within which to identify the disruptions. The following evolved:
- Demand is taking over from supply in shaping the telecoms market so the start point has to be the demand side.
- The individual: how do individuals see the telecoms piece of their digital lives?
- Households: is the household a market and if so, who is the domestic CIO?
- Business: what is driving business’ use of telecoms services?
- Society/government: how is telecoms fitting in with the increasingly joined up whole public sector play?
- IOT: Cuts across all the segments above, throwing a whole new light on the demand side with its mix of personal, household and business/industry…
View original post 530 more words